Saturday, July 26, 2008

Feeding the Giraffes


Rob took Friday off, so we took Nana and Papa to the zoo! Natalie was their expert tour guide (since she goes almost every week, she really knows her way around!). Nana and Papa wanted to see the animals that aren't at the Winnipeg zoo, so our tour included Oceans and the African Plains. We saw sharks, jellyfish, sea horses, seals, penguins, walruses, dolphins, zebras, giraffes, lions, rhinos, baboons, elephants, kangaroos, and on and on:) Natalie showed Papa and Nana how to be brave and pet a shark! She showed them how to feed a giraffe a piece of sweet potato, and she took them to her favorite show... the DOLPHIN show! I guess the one thing I was impressed with was a couple week old baboon nursing while it's mom walked around... it sure had to hang on tight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica -
I'm updating my blogroll... do you mind if I add you? (And it's okay if you say no. :) Not sure how private you're keeping your blog.)